Central Rivers Initiative
Have your say......
‘Transforming the Trent Valley’ proposed landscape Partnership Scheme.
The Central Rivers Initiative partnership is proposing to submit a £2-3 million funding application to the Heritage Lottery Fund to undertake a wide range of environmental, cultural and community-led projects within a the Trent valley covering parts of the rivers Trent, Tame and Dove (see map of area here).
If successful, the ‘Transforming the Trent Valley’ scheme will receive funding for five years to help take forward projects that will involve and benefit the local communities in and adjacent to the river valley, for example:
* Creating a more robust and attractive landscape for local people and for visiting tourists to enjoy with access to sites of wildlife and cultural interest.
* Revealing the archaeological and industrial heritage that has shaped the river valley landscape
* Restoring characteristic river valley landscape features such as meandering river channels, water meadows and waterside trees
* Creating new and improved wildlife habitats such as reed beds, wet pastures and woodland encouraging species such as bittern, osprey and waders on land formerly quarried for sand and gravel
* Improving accessibility on foot, cycle and horseback with new opportunities for recreation and sport
For more details about the proposal, see here.
For an update on the Scheme development and consultation, see here.
We would like to know your views about what you think is special about the Scheme area (Trent, Tame and Dove river valleys) and also about the types of project you would like to see funded as part of this proposed Scheme. Please spend a few minutes providing your views using this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/MyAccount_Login.aspx